Thursday, May 9, 2013

House Update: Houston, We've Got Walls (decorated)

That's right you guys- I finally have some money to put where my mouth is (and by money, I mean photos. I'm pretty well out of project money, thanks to the photos below). If you are anything like me... you sort of thought I would never actually conquer our walls, and would forever be stuck in a loop of inspiration-desire-apathy.

So here's the lowdown on what our walls are wearing this season, complete with what they WERE wearing, until 3 days ago:

The Wall above the Couch

Then:



Now:









































At the suggestion of the BHO, we bought 3 pictures lines from here. I wanted to have options when it came to rotating our photos, and since I am the epitome of indecisive, having a non-permanent method of hanging seems like it would save me a large amount of nail holes. I like getting to mix photos with other media- like posters and art.

The Awkward Hallway Wall

Then:



Now:











































I wanted to add some dimension to a previously un-dimensional wall. To set off the very straight and angular action happening above the couch, it seemed like it would be fun to go with something a little more random for the other wall, to keep things interesting. My favorite pieces are the animal canvas and the ampersand (tutorial on animal canvas coming soon)

The Dining Room Wall

Then:







































Now:












































I kept up the "random" theme that this wall has always had, but I switched things up a bit to make the wall a little more filled out. It was sort of a trial and error process, but the end result seems relatively balanced. I even hung the baby blanket that mama artist so sweetly repaired and sent to me last year. Speaking of mama artist- she is also responsible for the gorgeous cross stitch front and center on the shelf.

The Kitchen Dividing Wall

Then:







































Now:







































Our little wall between the living room/kitchen has always posed a bit of a quandary. Do we decorate it, or leave it blank, to keep things from seeming overly busy? I got pretty stuck on the idea of doing some faux metal letters for the house somewhere, and this seemed like just the place. They are definitely much less clutter-y than the previous photos.

Down and dirty tutorials coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment