Monday, February 10, 2014

Adventures in Painting

If you are familiar with me... you know that I'm not really a traditional artist. I specialize in digital medium, more so than painting, drawing, sculpting, or really any sort of art that doesn't have an "undo" button.

Here's a fun fact for you- I absolutely HATE that about myself. For a long time, I felt like a bit of a hack for only being talented at design, rather than the creation of something from nothing in a more traditional manner. I have come to terms with my own unique artistic style over the last couple of years, but there is still a tiny part of my that yearns to sit at a canvas rather than a computer screen, and make something other than glitter letters. I decided it might be fun to try to learn some of the skills that art school tried so very hard (and failed so ver spectacularly) to instill within me- so I busted out my old acrylic paints this weekend.

In the absence of prying eyes, judging classmates and a grade looming over my head, I actually found painting rather enjoyable. I took a photo at each stage of painting, so I could recognize where things went horridly wrong, in the event that they chose to do so.

As it turns out, the painting didn't veer in an unfixable direction...

and now I have fun photos to share with you.





































No comments:

Post a Comment