Monday, April 22, 2013

The Great Wall Art Project of 2013

Its finally happening. I am going to tackle the walls. Probably. Maybe. Hopefully.

Firstly- let's take a gander at some of the non-wall art updates that have happened in the last couple of weeks:

I blood blistered my finger setting up these bad boys (from Amazon.com) in the laundry room:







































And moved the black cubes that used to be in the laundry room to the puppy corner to house blankets and the rapidly getting ridiculous amount of puppy stuff that we own. Because I am a perpetual sucker for adorable puppy related things. So shoot me.







































I also moved this lovely little guy into the kitchen to house some of our extraneous kitchen-y items. We are thinking we might flex our building muscles and make a shelf at some point, but in the meantime our lovely left-over-from-college shelves are serving us pretty well.







































Here are the walls as they stand currently:










































We love them. We love all of our photos. They make us happy. But I am thinking I might be ready for a little bit more flavor and variety amongst our photos, so a little rearranging might be in order. I am hoping to introduce some texture and variety like sketches, watercolors, and maybe even some golden animal heads. You know me- I love a challenge. I am hoping to do some of the art myself, which might prove to be ridiculously challenging, since I have no fine art capabilities. Whatsoever. At all. I have been practicing my watercoloring a little bit to see if that might even be possible. I made a bunny on Sunday- and I might even like him enough to put him on the wall. Don't judge- I love the fluffy and adorable. I mean... have you met my dog?



No comments:

Post a Comment