Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Healthy Meal Planning

I have made the executive decision that in March, the smartest and I are going to try a month of healthy eating. Our March is pretty busy looking- so I thought it would be just the ideal time to try my hand at healthy cooking (which may SEEM counter intuitive, but we will be eating out and doing a touch of traveling and celebrating, which means I will be cooking half as much as usual).

Now comes the tricky part. The part where I have no idea how to cook healthy meals. As with all issues with which I have zero experience- I turned to my good friend Pinterest for information. Here are a couple of meals I pulled from my "Suppertime (Skinny)" board:

Santa Fe Salad 

Baked Fajitas 





































Chicken Tortilla Soup 


Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers 





































Goat Cheese Caramelized Onion Quesadillas  
























Chili Roasted Carrots 
























Greek Frozen Yogurt 





































Grilled Peaches 

So here's my question to you, oh blogosphere: what healthy ideas do you have. Are these recipes even healthy, or did I get sucked in by the hype?

No comments:

Post a Comment