Wednesday, September 18, 2013

B is for Bon Voyage: Nice (part 2)

So Nice is on the Mediterranean Sea. This is a fact about Nice that I wasn't aware of prior to our visit. My first sea, you guys! And we did we do during my first sea experience, you may ask?

A little kayaking. A little snorkeling. And a little drowning of the smartest's footwear.







We went for a really pretty walk along this cool walkway on the coast that had killer views. SO. Gorgeous.

After viewing the sea from afar, we decided to try our hand at actually getting in it. There are no photos of this event- primarily because none of us wanted to risk our cameras (and partially also because we weren't sure that we wanted to document it). Snorkeling was really cool- though apparently I have a certain amount of anxiety about putting my head underwater for extended periods of time.





As we attempted to pull the kayaks out (at which point we were really happy not to have documentation- it was HARD as all get out, and required some help from various strangers), I may or may not have tipped our kayak and sent the smartests up-until-that-point-miraculously-dry shoes in the water. We caught them before they sank, luckily... but I still felt like an idiot.








Fortunately, I was able to be distracted by some tasty food. And a handsome (and patient) husband of whom I am inordinately fond.

Coming tomorrow- a surprise trip to Italy. Say what?!


No comments:

Post a Comment