Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A smooth faced, pale fingered leather etcher

1). Have I ever mentioned that I have Raynaud’s Phenomenon? That sounds way more exciting than it is, actually. It means that occasionally and at random times my fingers turn white and go a little numb. Lately, it has been mostly the tip of my middle finger, but occasionally it'll spread through my whole hand. Typically it is brought on by stress or by cold. When I was in California recently, both of my hands went completely white thanks to a perfect storm of panic over riding a roller coaster and the, ahem, brisk, morning temperatures. 



2). I got a new phone a couple of weeks ago, and apparently took a bunch of photos with an auto-beauty setting turned on? It makes you look creepy smooth. Which is cool, but I really don't mind that I have pores, so it really freaked me out until I figured out what was going on. See the hat? Totally normal texture. See the subtle glow of my skin? In no way have I ever looked that smooth in my life.



3). Over Christmas (well, a little before Christmas) I bought a wood burning kit. I used it to make cutting boards for the family, and even practiced a little leather work. Most importantly, I did NOT light myself on fire, much to the surprise of everyone involved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment