Tuesday, August 2, 2016

OOOOOOOOOKlahoma Where the Wind Comes Sweeping Down the...

Its August. Its windy. Actually, most recently, its been rainy. But its August. Which means that fall scented candles are slowing elbowing their way to the front of shelves, and my email box is starting to fill with photos of sweater dresses and boots that it won't be cool enough to wear for another three months. But still- it does make me excited.

I've been letting the manuscript rest. I had a meeting with the last of my beta readers last weekend and finished compiling my list of things to tweak, edit, and downright change, so at last I am ready to move forward (if I actually remember how). Draft "F" here I come!

We've taken to roaming on the weekends, which is both fun and supremely exhausting. But worth it, I think, to take a look at all the cool places that dot the red dirt as far as the eye can see.




We've also had some puppy friends hanging out with us on and off. No such thing as too many puppy snuggles, or so says I.

I tried Pokemon go. I'm not very good (I know- that doesn't seem like the sort of thing one can be bad at, but I am) but I've tried regardless. The smartest is much better at it than I am, which I suppose is as things should be. The best thing about this game, however, is that it encourages us to get out and go places regardless of the heat, the red dirt, and the wind. We dropped by the memorial the other night between our hunting and just enjoyed the stillness.




No comments:

Post a Comment